Bayview Asset Management (BVAM) is one of 90 financial instruments firms that are registered to conduct both the investment trust and discretionary investment management businesses, and a leader of independent multi-boutique asset management firm built on secure business foundations.
- As a leader of the employee-owned and non-publicly-traded independent asset management firms, BVAM has established long-term stable business foundations as a cornerstone for an asset management company with equity capital of 3 billion yen.
- We firmly maintain the current private capital structure in order to focus solely on investors’ interest, under our completely independent management free from controls of the affiliates or parent companies (including sales companies) such as security companies, banks or foreign companies, by securing independence in management and equity holding.
- We have obtained the SOC Reporting* in accordance to the Practical Guidance on Audits and the Assurance Implementation Committee No. 86 (Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants) based on the assessment by an external auditor on our internal control of discretionary investment management business.
- * SOC (Service Organization Control) Reporting based on Practical Guidance of Audit and Assurance Implementation Committee No.86 (The Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants) is a report which certify that fiducially business policy related to discretionary investment contract and procedures (trustee company's system) are properly described and framework of the internal control is properly structured to achieve the purpose of the control.
*the data for FY2017 is as of the end of September 2017
- BVAM provides unique product lineups from prominent U.S. boutiques to our own products on the business platform coupled with high-quality client services. BVAM, as a pioneer multi-boutique asset management firm, offers customized services that meet the diverse needs of investors, including public funds, privately placed investment trusts, and separate accounts solutions.
- BVAM manages its own Japanese equities, Japanese bonds, and multi-asset products. Several independent U.S. boutiques as BVAM’s affiliated partners manage foreign equities and bonds represented by U.S. equities and bonds. We seek excess returns (alpha) and absolute returns. We limit the capacity of each strategy and focus on quality growth rather than volume growth.
- The separation of corporate management and investment management allows fund managers to concentrate on the markets and their portfolios. Our policy is Fund manager-centric investment “visible asset management”. BVAM discloses the details of our asset-management philosophies and strategies, as well as our fund managers of all of our products, which leads to enhanced credibility by investors and contributes to the establishment of reliable asset management structures.
- Since its establishment, BVAM has earned a solid reputation among investors including financial institutions, which is the largest investors of our asset under contract- JPY 377.5 billion-, pension funds and family offices for our sophisticated service. We have accomplished it through our scrupulous efforts and capability to meet clients' expectations by performing rigorous due diligence, conducting multifaceted reference verification, structuring complex investment schemes, and fulfilling disclosure requirements.
- In the future, we maximize our strength as an independent asset management firm to promote innovation in the asset management industry and try to directly access to the individual assets of 18 trillion yen by selling our products without a distributor.
Around JPY 400.0 billion
- * Mutual Funds (Investment Trusts) includes the assets managed by BVAM's investment partners.
* As of March 31, 2018
- We have been recruiting new graduate since 2011 to foster new talents.
- In order to maintain the asset management business for long-term and to grow for next decade, we are expanding the number of employees with well-diversified composition. About 40% of our employees are under 34 years old and about 50% of them are women.
〈Number of employees〉
Unless otherwise specified, the information shown above are as of the end of each fiscal year.